David Chelimsky wrote:
> What do you mean "it quits back to the command line"?

Autotest stops running and I get a command prompt again.

> There has not been a 1.1.5 release, so I'm guessing you're using code
> from github, right?

Yes, I'm using a version from github, in a Rails 2.1 project.  rspec and
rspec-rails are installed in vendor/plugins.      (as I understand it,
from <a
href="http://blog.insoshi.com/2008/07/03/a-rails-21-case-study-upgrading-the-insoshi-social-networking-platform/";>this

post</a>, rspec > 1.1.4 is necessary for Rails 2.1)

One of the projects in question is in fact a fork of Insoshi, the
project referenced in that blog post I linked, so the copies of rspec
I'm using is the same version as in their git repo.   The other is a
personal project, but the plugins are checked out the same way (from
github).

I don't get this problem in another project I have, which is a R2.1
project as well but which uses Test::Unit instead of rspec.   However, I
have seen a similar problem (autotest quitting when errors are
encountered) in that project in a similar version.

I think the next thing I'll try is changing or erasing my .autotest
file.   There's very little in there - just some hooks for growl - but
it's always possible that's what's different between my setup and that
of other folks.