*Von:* "Scott Taylor" <sc...@railsnewbie.com>
*Gesendet:* 08.04.09 17:46:31
*An:* rspec-users <RSPEC-USERS@RUBYFORGE.ORG>
*Betreff:* Re: [rspec-users] possible to stub params hash ?

On Apr 8, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Andrea Jahn wrote:

Hi,

I added one line in my controller to extend the params hash. But now I get
errors
in my controller spec.

Controller

 def update
 @pl_planning = PlPlanning.find(params[:id])

 # the item model version (select box) depends on other select boxes and can be
empty
 # then it is not in the params hash and the attribute would not be updated and
validated
--> params[:pl_planning]["item_model_version_id"] ||= ""

 # update planning attributes
 @pl_planning.attributes = params[:pl_planning]

Controller Spec error:

You might have expected an i nstance of ActiveRecord::Base.
The error occurred while evaluating nil.[]

What do I have to add in my spec for that ?

I tried:

 params = {"pl_planning" => {}}
 controller.stub!(:params).and_return(params)

But then I get the following error:

undefined method `scope=' for #<Searchlogic::Cache::PlPlanningSearch:0x6aa14cc>
Usually you are will fare better if you pass the params directly in:
get :foo, :param1 => "something"
Why are you stubbing params?
Scott

Thanks in advance
Andrea

Verschicken Sie SMS direkt vom Postfach aus - in alle deutschen und viele
ausländische Netze zum gleichen Preis!
https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms [https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms]

Jetzt freischalten unter *http://movieflat.web.de* [http://movieflat.web.de]