On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Williams, Wesley
<wesley.willi...@sabre.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Hmm, I think this is one way to do it.  I will need to get my customer
> to think differently about defining the requirements.  They really like
> the tables.

Some times table just work best. I love writing scenarios with natural
language, but I've hit many cases where the inputs and outputs are
best displayed as a table, and it's easier for the customer to gr0k,
then to read a short novel.

This kind of re-use that you seem to need sounds like a potential
feature for Cucumber. A way to utilize an external file to house a
table of data. e.g.:

Background
   Given I have the following set of flights:
      | foo | bar | baz |

Would become

 Background
    Given I have the following set of flights:
    FromFile: flights/scheduleA

And then you'd have the flights/scheduleA house:

      | foo | bar | baz |

Cucumber could dump in the table data it found from the file, and
print it out when running the scenarios, and it allows some sets of
sample data be re-used easily, in an understandable manner.

WDYT?

> Thanks,
> Wes

Zach Dennis