On 16 Jun 2009, at 22:11, Tim Harper wrote:

I'm interested to hear your experience with Spork and Merb. Right now Spork is doing some hooks in to rails (that are actually kind of aggressive right now) to help make spork work more out of the box - specifically, preventing rails from preloading application models and controllers before the fork occurs.

Be sure to run spork -d and look to see which files are being preloaded. Every file listed there will be cached and not reloaded until spork is restarted.

Tim

On a brand new merb app, its clear that Spork isn't going to work too well for me then!

6> ~/dev/spork-test % spork -d
Using RSpec
- Spork Diagnosis -
-- Summary --
app/controllers/application.rb
app/controllers/exceptions.rb
app/helpers/global_helpers.rb
app/models/user.rb
config/dependencies.rb
config/environments/test.rb
config/init.rb
config/router.rb
merb/merb-auth/setup.rb
merb/merb-auth/strategies.rb
merb/session/session.rb
spec/spec_helper.rb

Looking at the way that you're dealing with Rails, and given my lack of understanding of Merb internals, I'm not sure that I'm going to get too far, tbh.

Any suggestions as to where to start to review this to see if it _can_ be made to work? Or should I just wait until Merb becomes Rails 3 ;-)

Andy