Hi David,

Yeah I had used the new style in the past and got the same issue, I
just accidentally reverted to the old style.

Anyway changing to the new style using route_to as suggested doesn't
resolve the issue, the same 2 routes give the same error, but the
telling thing is the failure message shows that the subdomain wasn't
passed, or at least received by the routing:

ActionController::RoutingError in 'Foo::MonkeysController should
route'
No route matches "/monkeys/1" with
{:port=>80, :method=>:get, :host_with_port=>"test.host", :subdomain=>nil,
:domain=>"test.host", :host=>"test.host"}
If you're expecting this failure, we suggest { :get => "/monkeys/
1" }.should_not be_routable

Even if I specifically set @request.host = 'foo.some.com' before the
test it still errors saying host_with_port=>'test.host'

-D