In case anyone feels like messing with this, I've replicated the problem
in a minimal test application...

The problem seems to be some sort of load issue.  From what I can tell,
it is due to three related items: 1) a user model with authlogic, 2)
rspec-rails, and 3) a users observer.  Removing any one of the three
seems to "fix" the issue.  I've noted the lines which you can comment
out to see the problem resolve.  (It should then load the development
SQLite3 database with my test user). The visible symptom is:

> SQLite3::SQLException: no such table: users: SELECT * FROM "users"

Apparently the conflict pushes the app into the test environment.

Gems:

 - authlogic 2.1.3
 - rspec and rspec-rails 1.2.9
 - rails 2.3.4

I'm on passenger 2.2.5, and I hope that's not a factor. I currently run
stock Snow Leopard ruby.

Any clue how I can further track this down?  I don't see anything
obvious with either rspec or authlogic fudging with the environment…

Regards,
David Nawara

PS - I think I'll go post this in an authlogic forum now.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/4263/testapp.tgz