On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:28 PM, DEfusion <david.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a problem I experience quite a bit:
>
> 1) Create a spec and outline all the examples (as not yet implemented)
> 2) Write the body of a example
> 3) Autospec runs spec -> fail
> 4) Make that example pass
> 5) Autospec runs spec -> pass
> 6) Autospec then runs the entire test suite again
> 7) Goto 2 (but now wait for entire suite to finish) before repeating

This is how autotest works by default. See the first paragraph of
http://zentest.rubyforge.org/ZenTest/Autotest.html.

> This is a little annoying especially when you get to the point of tens
> of specs and hundreds of examples.
>
> I seem to remember back when I was using Autotest you could limit how
> often it re-runs the full test suite in these circumstances, but I've
> not being able to find the options nor anything for Autospec.

Autospec is a simple wrapper for autotest that essentially sets an
environment variable that lets RSpec know that it's in use so autotest
loads the right autotest class. Beyond that, anything you can
configure in a .autotest file will work with autospec.

HTH,
David