Hi David,

I see your point about concentrating on outcomes rather than implementation.
I suppose who cares about implementation, its the effect code on the "state
of the world" that is important.

Here's an unmodified sample:
  context ", when a new policy is activated on unchanged content" do
    before(:each) do
      setup_common_mocks
    end

    it "should create a new policy, the new violation and location, resolve
previous violations, recalculate location MD5, and refresh caches" do
      # content hasn't changed
      @content = mock(:content, :content_md5 => "84290324908230948",
:most_recent_violations => [mock(:violation_mr, :update_folder_count =>
nil)])
      @content_descriptor = mock(:content_descriptor, :contents =>
[...@content], :most_recent_content => @content, :folder => mock(:folder))

ContentDescriptor.should_receive(:by_path_md5_and_site).once.and_return([...@content_descriptor])

      # Policy is new, gets created once
      Policy.should_receive(:find_by_account_category_and_name).once

PolicyCategory.should_receive(:find_by_account_and_name).once.and_return(mock(:policy_category))
      Policy.should_receive(:create!).once.and_return(mock(:policy))

      # below are the changes affected
      Violation.should_receive(:resolve_violations).once

Violation.should_receive(:recalculate_violation_md5).once.and_return(10)

Violation.should_receive(:find_by_content_id_and_policy_id).once.and_return(nil)
      violation = mock(:new_violation1, :location_md5= => nil, :save =>
true)
      Violation.should_receive(:new).once.and_return(violation)
      violation.should_receive(:save).once

      Location.should_receive(:create!).once.and_return(mock(:location1))

      @content.should_receive(:most_recent_violations=).once
      @content.should_receive(:unresolved_violation_count=).once
      @content.should_receive(:save).once
      CacheMaintenance.should_receive(:remove_folder_cache_keys).twice
      record

I'm going to try and refactor the specs so that anything that doesn't
directly modify state of the app is removed.

Thanks,
Ijonas.