You're definitely testing too much implementation and not enough behavior.

Basically, what you want to spec, is that provided some options, when
you call a certain method of your form builder, you get a certain html
output. At least that's how I would approach the problem.

So I would have something like this:

it "produces a correctly formatted FOO input" do
  html = @builder.foo_text(...)
end

Since testing generated HTML like that sucks, I would proceed to use
something like http://github.com/fnando/rspec-hpricot-matchers, and
say

it "produces a correctly formatted FOO input" do
  html = @builder.foo_text(...)
  html.should have_tag("label", :for => "foo")
  html.should have_tag("input", :id => "foo")
end

Or something like that. But then if you stop using that
question(*args, &block) method, and refactor to a different
implementation, specs should continue to pass.

-foca