Hello,

I have some code that is going to be used in other applications, so I
decided to bundle the code (mostly controllers and views) into a plugin to
make sharing easier. I copied the RSpec tests for the controllers into the
plugin as well.

The plugin RSpec tests run, however when it gets to stubbing controller
methods it does not work. For example:

    controller.stub!(:get_json_settings).and_return(Hash["host",
"localhost", "port", "1234"])

results in an error 'undefined local variable or method controller'.

I know this code was working fine before, since I could run the RSpec tests
against the controller prior to it becoming a plugin. So, I wondered when it
starts up what must RSpec be missing when running in the plugin? Doing a
--trace on rake spec and rake spec:plugin show the same the things being
invoked and executed.

Just wondering if anyone might have come across this issue before, or have
any suggestions?

Thanks....