On Jul 3, 2010, at 4:40 PM, Michael Schuerig wrote:

> On Saturday 03 July 2010, David Chelimsky wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Michael Schuerig wrote:
>
> [double loading of Rails framework classes]
>>> require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../config/environment" unless
>>> defined?(Rails)
>>
>> This is from an old version of the spec_helper. Be sure to follow the
>> post-install instructions (that's what they're there for) and run
>> "script/rails generate rspec:install".
>
> Indeed, you're right. I compared old and new visually (only) and didn't
> notice the difference. As I have some stuff in spec_helper.rb, I don't
> like to overwrite it.
>
>> The newer generated spec_helper uses File.expand_path for this
>> require, so it doesn't load the file a second time. I believe that
>> will fix this issue for you.
>
> Unfortunately and surprisingly not.

Did you try both 'rake spec' and 'bundle exec rspec spec'?

> I'm using
>
> ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23 patchlevel 299) [x86_64-linux]
>
> in case that makes a difference.
>
> I can work around this by including the required extension explicitly in
> ApplicationController, of course.

Yeah, but who wants to do that!  Would you do me a favor and raise this as an
issue in http://github.com/rspec/rspec-rails/issues? I won't be able to address
this for a bit, and that's the best way to ensure it stays on the radar.

Cheers,
David