On Jul 13, 2010, at 7:25 AM, Ivo Dancet wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm upgrading an application to rspec2/rails3. A certain suite of tests, that
> generates a pdf document, uses a before(:all) filter to set the environment
> using mocks and stubs. Then the pdf gets generated and after that all the
> tests run on that same pdf document. In rspec2 it seems like I can only use
> mocks and stubs in in before(:each) filters (thus not in before(:all)
> filters). Has this been changed, or is this supposed to work (I may be doing
> something wrong)?

This should never have worked. Mocks and stubs are cleared out after each
example, which means that even if you set them up before(:all), they'll only be
set for the first example that runs, after which they go away.

It sounds like you were unknowingly exploiting an unintentional feature.

HTH,
David