On 21 Jul 2010, at 10:28 PM, Costa Shapiro wrote:

> (Surprisingly?) I find mocking AR (DM less so) in specs extremely tedious
> _and_ intrusive.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just don't do it any more.  I find the pain isn't
worth it on the stuff I do.

> I think the README there pretty much cuts it, so I'd just welcome the
> comments here.

One very minor point, you're got a comment to maybe empty the database
afterwards.  It's more useful to empty it before, as then you've still got the
data in the database after a failing example.

Also, if you haven't seen it, Ben Mabey wrote a tool for this[1].  Oh and I
wrote one for rebuilding your database if migrations change[2], plug plug :D

Ash

[1] http://github.com/bmabey/database_cleaner
[2] http://rubygems.org/gems/database_resetter

--