On 8 Aug 2010, at 21:53, Phillip Koebbe wrote:

> I don't think you are alone in your quest to achieve greater organization. I
> am guessing that in your suggested RSpec folder structure, the current
> folders of controllers|helpers|models|views would all live under examples? I
> might go for that. I think some (many?) might say that it's an unnecessary
> level, but I think I'd prefer that. I might even look into doing that anyway
> :) After all, my Cucumber folder structure is
>
> cuke/
>    features/
>    steps/
>    support/
>
> And I use subfolders under features and steps just like I do in RSpec.

> Right. I wouldn't want a particular structure to be forced upon me, so I'd
> rather not see that happen to anyone.

The biggest problem I can see is the RSpec TMBundle's "Alternate File" command,
which I  would probably sacrifice a finger to keep*.  Autotest is easy enough
to reconfigure to look in different spec subdirs.

If only there was some way of integrating Alternate File and Autotest
mappings...

Ash

* But since I'm still typing 9-fingered after I trapped one under a weight in a
gym, I consider this pre-payed. So nobody mess with Alternate File!!! Until my
finger is better anyway.

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran