On 9/8/10 11:42 AM, Brian Kaney wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Is it good practice to call matchers from within matchers?   Kinda like this
pattern:

   See: http://gist.github.com/570467

No, that should be avoided. The problem is that the "internal" matcher will throw an exception that will bubble up and be reported. Meaning that the parent matcher (link_one in your case) is not reported and the resulting stacktrace can be confusing. Try something like this:

include_association(expected).matches?(actual) && associate_one(expected).matches?(actual)

(Note, I have not tried the above but I think it should work.)

-Ben