When doing BDD, especially at the start, I found it  really easy to write
more code than you need to, when implementing a particular functional spec.
I also found it really easy to miss the point where you should move into the
inner cycle (unit cycle). Using the unit test coverage metric to make sure
you only write what you need and that all your public method interfaces are
specified at the unit level seems laudable. Of course 100% test coverage by
itself doesn't mean that much, but examining the code you have missed and
the reasons why your application of BDD failed to cover the code is
instructive.