We're just running into it now, but we're using after_commit in Rails 3 for
the first time.  The callback appears not to fire in our specs -- I noticed
your posting but have not had luck getting the gem to load.  Bundler 1.0.7
requires the gem, and it generates this:

/Users/kurtsnyder/.rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2010.02@rails3/gems/after_commit-1.0.7/lib/after_commit/active_record.rb:15:in

`include_after_commit_extensions': undefined method `subclasses_of' for
Object:Class (NoMethodError)
    from
/Users/kurtsnyder/.rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2010.02@rails3/gems/after_commit-1.0.7/lib/after_commit.rb:81

Did you add these two lines to your spec_helper.rb file or somewhere else?

ActiveRecord::Base.send(:include, AfterCommit::AfterSavepoint)
ActiveRecord::Base.include_after_savepoint_extensions

I'd be interested in helping to get this to work, but not sure where to
start as we're new to after_commit.