On Feb 24, 2011, at 6:09 PM, Wilson Bilkovich wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Ross Kaffenberger <rossk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone have rspec-2 working with rails 2.3.x? We're looking at this route as
>> an incremental step towards upgrading to rails 3.
>> I saw David C mention in the rpec-2 release notes this might be on the
>> roadmap... curious to see if there's any progress on that front or how we
>> can contribute.
>
> To my knowledge this isn't even a twinkle in the repo's eye, and is
> going to take some serious effort.

I have something started at https://github.com/patmaddox/rspec2rails2-dev but
it is kind of a big nasty task in my experience so far. Because of the changes
in ActiveSupport::TestCase, the approach I've taken is to basically rip out the
guts of the Rails 2.x ActiveSupport::TestCase and create modules from them, and
include those modules in the appropriate RSpec 2 example groups. I can't
estimate when/if it will work, I've only spent time on it sporadically.

Pat