On Jun 12, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Patrick J. Collins wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just came across this post and was wondering if this is on target with how
> RSpec works under the hood?
>
> http://www.skorks.com/2011/02/a-unit-testing-framework-in-44-lines-of-ruby/

What do you mean by "on target"? Are you asking if the implementations are the
same, or similar? Or are you asking if attest meets the same goals as RSpec?

If you're asking about implementation, you can see both implementations on
github and judge for yourself:

https://github.com/rspec/rspec-core
https://github.com/rspec/rspec-expectations
https://github.com/rspec/rspec-mocks

https://github.com/skorks/attest

If you look at the latter, you'll see that the blog post's title is at least a
bit misleading. The https://github.com/skorks/attest/blob/master/lib/attest
directory has 5 subdirectories and 6 files, one of which
(https://github.com/skorks/attest/blob/master/lib/attest/execution_context.rb)
is close to 200 lines long. I'll leave it to somebody else to do a more
thorough LOC comparison, but you get my drift.

Cheers,
David