Hello,

Is there some way to override a spec and more specifically parts of spec,
ideally down to a specific example? I've been looking and googling for
something like this, but I haven't found a good strategy for it.

The use-case is for a rails app that supports plugins, and those plugins may
also tweak the behavior of core objects. For example (and it is a simplistic
and bad example, but bear with me): Suppose a User object that has a boolean
attribute show_mail_address that controls if the mail address of the user can
be shown publicly, and that this defaults to true in the core app, but a
security-savvy user of the software doesn't want that and creates a plugin to
change the default to false. Running the core tests with the plugin will fail
because the default won't be the one the tests expect. Is there any way to
selectively override examples/tests/groups and/or extend tests (in the case the
plugin adds functionality to the core object)?

Thanks,

Felix