My guess was wrong, it can't seem to handle empty fixtures yml files. The
gist contains only a brief snippets of the actual log, but you can see that
it's trying to load fixtures from multiple specs

https://gist.github.com/2888253

cat event_critical_errors.yml
--- {}

Users/rainer/work/app_path/spec/controllers/accounts_controller_spec.rb:3:in
`<top (required)>'
Unable to load event_critical_error, underlying cause No such file to load
-- event_critical_error

/Users/rainer/work/carrier-pigeon/spec/requests/suppressed_emails_spec.rb:3:in
`<top (required)>'
Unable to load event_critical_error, underlying cause No such file to load
-- event_critical_error

If you need more data, let me know.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelim...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Rainer Kuhn <rai...@incutio.com> wrote:
> > I narrowed it down to three things, the first one might be interesting to
> > you, the other ones are my problem, although probably common among lots
> of
> > projects:
> >
> > Since we don't mock we usually need a bit of test data prepared for each
> > test. At first we used factories, but setting things up every time took
> way
> > to long. So I went for fixture builder instead.
> > (
> http://pivotallabs.com/users/georg/blog/articles/1864-fixture-builder-and-rspec-acceptance
> )
> > It was an immediate improvement, although not a great one, since we have
> > generic setup_test_data method that runs before most tests and loads from
> > the database into instance variables.
> >
> > 1) config.global_fixtures = :all
> > With this line in, the execution of a single focused spec jumps up to a
> > minute. My unresearched guess is that it might load the fixtures for each
> > spec, although it won't even be executed.
>
> Would you please check log/test.log to verify this?

Rainer Kuhn

Rails Developer
Incutio :: www.incutio.com
http://www.facebook.com/Incutio
https://twitter.com/incutio

UK Head Office: Unit 4, The Bridge Business Centre, Ash Road South,
Wrexham, LL13 9UG.

US Head Office: 33 South Commercial Street, Manchester, NH 03101

T: +44 (0) 1978 661 666
F: +44 (0)7092 181 581