New to rsync; I'm trying to download several 1/2 gig files from scratch
from a server that doesn't have FTP, and scp isn't working, so I'm using
rsync.  Three of the files were about 1/2 way through when I lost the DSL
connection for some time.  I tried to resume where it left off when my
link was back up, but the partially downloaded files had disappeared from
my local directory, and when I resumed the transfer it started from bit 0.

Is there a way to keep partially downloaded files from disappearing if the
download is severed so the transfer can be resumed?  I didn't see anything
in man rsync that covered this.

Thanks,

Glen