Hello,

I am trying to work out how I can use rsync with ssh but also specifying the
key to use. I want to run rsync/ssh via cron but need to use different keys
from the same account. With just ssh this is not a problem - the -o option
takes care of it. However, I can find no option to rsync except perhaps by
using '-e ssh'. Changing this to something like '-e "ssh -o'IdentityFile2
~/.ssh/newkey'"' doesn't work (yes, you need to escape some of the quotes).
Setting the environment variable didn't seem to work either (I may have got
things wrong, but it just didn't like it). It seems that rsync keeps seing
the -o option (or rather the key I specify) and complaining about it. Can
anyone offer a bit of advice on this - I assume it is done a fair bit by
users of rsync/ssh but am still looking in the archives as well for an answer
:-)

Thanks,

John.

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]