On 27 Feb 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Martin.
>
> I was trying to post a question in the Troubleshooting category and
> inadvertently created a Subcategory instead(readlink : No such file or
> directory).  I apologize for that.

That's no problem; I've just converted it back to a plain question.
Thankyou for contributing to it.

> I would appreciate any input anyone
> can give as to why I am getting this error.  The sending side is
> detecting the 'readlink : No such file or directory' error and I
> believe that is why the deletion of any files at the destination is
> being disabled.  I am using version 2.4.6  protocol version 24.  The
> configuration is as follows:
>
>       local machine: Solaris 7
>       Remote machine: daemon running on Solaris 8.
>
> Has anyone reported rsync functionality problems with Solaris 8?

We do test on a Solaris 8 machine donated to the Samba project, but
there is no formal regression suite at the moment.  Code contributions
or design ideas towards that would be welcome.

> I have tested the same configuration to an AIX box and it is working
> fine.  I receive no errors and the deletion of files works properly.
> If you or anyone has ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated.

> PS...I love your idea of using FAQ-O-Matic.

Yes, it seems like it might work well.

--
Martin Pool, Human Resource
Linuxcare. Inc.   +61 2 6262 8990