From: Oliver Pitterling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 1:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: auth failed on module testshare

Hi there,

I have a RH7 testsystem setup with rsync -daemon. Now, I am trying to login
via a FreeBSD 4.1 system by issuing:

export RSYNC_PASSWORD=opi8
rsync -avz opi@felix::testshare /home/opi

However, i receive following response:
@ERROR: auth failed on module testshare

All rsync'ing works fine, if I remove the password options in
/etc/rsyncd.conf (i.e. auth and secrets lines).

Here is my rsyncd.conf:
##############################
uid = nobody
gid = nobody
use chroot = no
max connections = 1
syslog facility = local5
pid file = /etc/rsyncd.pid

[testshare]
        path = /home/opi/rsync
        comment = TestShare Repository
        auth users = opi
        secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets
##############################

and my /etc/rsyncd.secrets file:

tridge:mypass
susan:herpass
opi:opi8

Any ideas? I am running the rsync command in a SSH2 Telnet session via the
SecureCRT client app.

Thanks,
Oliver
[EMAIL PROTECTED]