Hi,
Thanks for the answer but the "slash" you suggest at the end of my source
it's not working.

As soon as I put "/" the rsync stop coping the files between two hosts.  I
removed ALL files from host2 and restart rsync but with the same result.  No
files were transferred.
When I removed a "/" in the syntax the transfer occurred but the wildcards
where not read from the exclude file.

 Syntax: - no transfers happen
 ===================
 /usr/local/bin/rsync --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync --rsh "/usr/bin/rsh"
-av --stats --exclude-from=/export/home/rsync/filelist /prod/app/
host2:/prod/app > /tmp/rsync_list1.log

Syntax:  - transfers happen but without reading the wildcards:
/usr/local/bin/rsync --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync --rsh "/usr/bin/rsh"
-av --stats --exclude-from=/export/home/rsync/filelist /prod/app
host2:/prod/app > /tmp/rsync_list1.log

Any help?
Thanks,
Magda