That's an easy one.  By default, rsync plans to be run through an auxilliary
transport.  If you want an /etc/rsyncd.conf, you have to put it there yourself.  "man
rsyncd.conf" will give you what you need to create it.  It can be pretty minimal to
start,
and you can embellish it as you develop your way of using it.  I recommend you invoke
it from inetd.  That way, every time you connect, it rereads the rsyncd.conf, so you
can just make edits and test, without having to cycle the daemon every time.

Tim Conway
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Colorado TC