On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 05:25:03PM +1200, Wilson, Mark - MST wrote:
> How do I go about "registering" this bug with the include file.

I don't think there's any point registering it until you have better
confirmed that that is indeed the problem.  Also, if developers have no way
of reproducing the problem it is highly unlikely to get fixed.  If you can
come up with a fix yourself, of course, then a patch could probably be
applied.  Personally I'm not convinced that the problem you're seeing is an
include file problem, but your 2.3.2 testing may give better evidence.

There is an rsync bug tracking system, but I'm not sure how thoroughly
anybody looks at it.  I know I don't; I used to while I maintained rsync
but haven't since.  Martin, do you look at and respond to bug reports in
the rsync bug tracking system?  The main page says there are 404 messages
in the "incoming" bucket, and I believe they're supposed to get moved to
another bucket once somebody has replied to them.  Currently, posting to
the mailing list is much more likely to get a response.

> It would be good get this bug fixed as I would like to be able to back to
> 2.4.6 (or whatever) as it is faster and it has bandwidth limiting.

It's faster?  Why do you say that?  I don't recall any changes in the 2.4.x
series explicitly related to performance.

> Will let you know the results of the testing.

- Dave Dykstra