I would have to disagree with the compress, unless you don't mind losing log
information. It'll compress and unlink the file, and just like a move to a different
filesystem, rsync will keep writing to the log until it closes, at which point,
whatever was
written after the compress is gone.

Tim Conway
[EMAIL PROTECTED]