On 28 Jun 2001, Kevin Faust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     I am running rsync on lots of Win2K machines. It was built from the
> rsync 2.4.6 sources using Cygwin.
>
>     One issue, the rsyncd.conf file requires a "use chroot=false" for
> the deamon to run on Windows.

The 'use chroot' flag is a fairly reliable source of confusion,
because it fails under two important circumstances: running as
non-root, running on Win32 (or possibly others).  On the other hand,
if you are running as root, then it might be better to always use
chroot.

So, perhaps if we can't chroot we should just issue a warning, unless
a "require chroot" flag is set, in which case we fail.

--
Martin