It is my belief that there is not a compatibility problem with the
return value of snprintf() like there is with sprintf() (i.e. on some
systems, like SunOS, sprintf() returns a char* instead of an int, but
I don't believe that such systems even have snprintf()).

Does anyone know of a system where snprintf() doesn't return an int?
(We don't care about systems that don't have it, because we supply a
compatibility function for them.)  It would just be nice to be able to
use the return value in the rsync code if it is returned consistently.

..wayne..