Hello,
I'm having trouble with setting desired punctuation and spaces with log formatting in a perl script.

The log-format options I am using are --log-format=%h%a%l%o%f%t%u%c. Full rsync command at end of this message.

When I run the rsync command and write the results to a file,
$results = `$rsyncstr 2>&1`,
my log format options are ignored if I have the options quoted in the command, and the log is unreadably compressed if I leave off the quotes. I've tried qq//, escaped \", escaped \', and many other ways of escaping quotes. Any suggestions?

Full rsync string:

rsync -Cclrtvzn --log-format="%h %a %l %o %f %t %u %c" /localdir [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/remotedir

Many thanks,
Shifra

--
Shifra Raffel