chris allen wrote:

I have a main server that I want to backup to my backup server. I don't know on witch side that I need to make a key on

the code is bellow is what I am using

rsync -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/rsync-key" -avHRrz --numeric-ids --progress --stats --delete --exclude=/proc/* --exclude=/tmp/* --exclude=/lost+found/* / [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/backup/luke

mcncyo.homeip.net is the backup server

mychristiannetwork.com is the main server

Can someone tell me on what side needs what to make this work.

rsync works fine except it keeps asking for a password.

A tiny bit of trivia for you. Ssh's key authentication will not work if either the "authorized_keys" file, or the .ssh directory it's in, are world readable or executable. I also think they have to be owned by the user doing the authentication.

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.