On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:03:05PM -0800, Joe Pruett wrote:
> this code segfaults: [...] so i guess that rsync can't help in any
> way.

Thanks for the update.  This topic has arisen a couple times recently,
and each time I asked if it was the library crashing (as I assumed it
was) but we hadn't gotten that verified before.

In chroot mode rsync normally just fails to lookup any usernames unless
the chrooted area has all the files it needs to do its own name lookups
(which may be customized for each chroot area, if desired).  So it seems
to me that the best thing to do is to get that library fixed.

..wayne..