Hi,

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, John Jablonski wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Now , If I reboot machine 2, and forget to do the NFS mount, (actually the
above rsync is in a crontab entry to happen automatically), then the
/DB/plantx will be empty due to the 'delete' option of the rsync statement.
I would assume this is a bug ???

Um.....why wouldn't you have the NFS share automatically mount at boot time (fstab)?

And/or, like Mr. Moenkeberg suggested:
NFS_MNT="/mnt/plantx"
MOUNT_CHK=`/bin/mount -l | /bin/grep $NFS_MNT | /usr/bin/wc -l`
if [ "$MOUNT_CHK" = 1 ]
  rsync...
  exit 0
else
  echo "D'oh! You didn't mount the NFS share again!" > /var/log/rsync.log
  exit 1
fi

Works for bash on linux anyways.

Tis what I do for local backups to a USB drive. Gotta make sure it's actually plugged in or else your harddrive fills up REALLY quick.

... easier, and a simple prefix without a nesting level:

NFS_MNT="/mnt/plantx"
mount | grep $NFS_MNT >/dev/null
if [ ! "$?" = 0 ]; then
   echo "source not mounted, nothing done,"
   exit 99
fi

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])