Paul Haas wrote:

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Wayne Davison wrote:

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:28:02AM +0200, Joost van den Broek wrote:

When you just give an empty rsync command, it should also exit with an
exit code (1). But the errorlevel gets set to no. 256 instead.

As mentioned in the other message that brought this up, I assume that
this is something wrong with the cygwin version (perhaps in how it was
compiled?).  Rsync is exiting with all the right codes under Linux.

If I understand the problem, it looks like it is fixed in Cygwin 1.5.14-1, which was released sometime on Saturday.

The Cygwin 1.5.14-1 announcement includes this change:

 - cgf: Right shift exit code by eight when process is not started in a
   cygwin environment.

Which sounds like the fix to your problem, although it is hard to tell, since you didn't say what Cygwin version you were running.
--
Paul Haas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I can confirm that the binary I compiled using this version does give the proper exit codes. It appears this was the root of the exit code problem.

-Ben : )