You can only run W98 as a bat file. W98 does not support daemons.

Here is what I do:
Create win.bat
rsync.exe --config=c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach

Put this in startup.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Ken

Pete Letkeman wrote:

When I use this command from a Windows XP system everything works fine:

C:\cwrsync\cwrsync>rsync.exe -avzr --stats --password
file=c:\cwrsync\pete.secret --files-from=filesfrom.dat /
[EMAIL PROTECTED]::testing
But when I try if from a Windows 98 system I get this error message:

"password file must not be other-accessible continuing without password
file"

Can rsync run from Windows 98 using a password file? If someone has this
working then can you sent me a URL to version of rsync that used to get
it working.

Thanks for your help,
Pete

Peter Letkeman, Programmer