I have another question. I'm not sure if this is the correct post for cygwin rsync related questions.

I've compiled rsync 3.0.0pre8 under cygwin. Works splendidly and compiles cleanly. I made sure to have libiconv installed and it supports the --iconv command (at least it accepts it).

I've been using rsync to test a backup of some files from a windows box to a linux box. I use the following command under windows: - rsync.exe -v -rlt -z --delete -y --delete-excluded --partial-dir=/.rsync-partial --iconv=utf-8,utf-8 "/cygdrive/D/Data_Tier1/" "[EMAIL PROTECTED]::virtualdir/Data_Tier1/"

I get the following error on files that have russian cryllic letters: -
---
file has vanished: "/cygdrive/D/Data_Tier1/Home/xxx/??????? ???????? ????"
(thousands more entries similar)
---

Am I doing something wrong? I've also using: -
 --iconv=.

The user I run as definitely had permissions on those files.

Brendan