I think the issue is that the flags patch and the crtimes patch are often trying to patch the same lines. For example, line 65-ish in compat.c:

flags.diff:
/* These index values are for the file-list's extra-attribute array. */
- int uid_ndx, gid_ndx, acls_ndx, xattrs_ndx, unsort_ndx;
+ int uid_ndx, gid_ndx, fileflags_ndx, acls_ndx, xattrs_ndx, unsort_ndx;

crtimes.diff:
/* These index values are for the file-list's extra-attribute array. */
-int uid_ndx, gid_ndx, acls_ndx, xattrs_ndx, unsort_ndx;
+int uid_ndx, gid_ndx, crtimes_ndx, acls_ndx, xattrs_ndx, unsort_ndx;

The first patch will succeed, the second will fail.

Mike