I think you hit the nail on the head. I put the crtimes.diff first because I was simply swapping it in for osx-create-time.diff in Axel's email "3.0.0 test failure MacOS X 10.4.11".

Upon invoking make, this error in the ordering of the patches, on my part yielded:

Check the output of your 'patch' commands and make sure there are no FAILED messages. If there are, then your 'make' will probably fail unless they're resolved.

If you apply fileflags.diff followed by crtimes.diff then you shouldn't see any failures - if you do then it's probably worth letting the list know.

Tony M.