Hi - I'm backing up a Windows client which has a number of Outlook mail archives (pst files) and annoyingly whenever you open Outlook it updates the modification dates of all pst files - even if you don't change any of the emails contained in the archive.

What's the best way of backing up these files without having them fill up my backup disk with mostly identical copies of these files. I guess I could use the --checksum option or is there a better way?

BTW, I'm using rsync 3.0.4 on a Mac OS X (Leopard) machine and the Windows client is running XP.

Cheers
Michael