Ok, thanks. Do you have any idea if a corruption that leaves the file size intact is common or rare? What I could do is add the --checksum option only once a week:

if [ `date +%a` = "Sat" ]; then
        OPT='-a --numeric-ids --delete --times --checksum'
else
        OPT='-a --numeric-ids --delete --times'
fi
rsync $OPT $HOME latest

Thanks again.

Daniel.

Giorgos Gaganis wrote:
Hello Daniel

The default check is the time of last modification and size so if your corruption also leaves the file size the same the file will not be included for update.

You can use the --checksum option that also checks the file contents but this will significantly increase your disk I/O.

Giorgos