On 01/15/2010 07:22 PM, David Trammell wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good way to speed up rsync on really large files? In particular, when I rsync the mail spool directory, I have a few users with inboxes over 1GB and up and it seems to take a very long time to just compare the files. Maybe it would be faster to copy from scratch for files over a certain size or something if the time stamps don't match.

David

rsync is meant to safe bandwidth, that's the main use of the tool. If you have enough bandwidth, rsync without options might not be how you want to use it.

Their is -W for whole files.