Thanks!  I'll give it a shot...

Paul Slootman wrote:
On Fri 16 Apr 2010, Erich Weiler wrote:

As you can see, both sender and receiver are version 3.0.5.  I read
the docs and it seems to indicate that by default there is no
timeout...? So the error messages are confusing....

I've found that it can help to actually configure a timeout;
use the same timeout value on the client rsync as configured in the
rsync daemon (if applicable), and it works as a sort of keepalive timer,
forcing a network packet at that time if for some reason one of the
sides is stalled doing IO.

Paul