Anyone know what this is supposed to mean?

366305 files to consider
IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion

I keep getting this, and so it refuses to delete any files from a mirror.

But what is the supposed I/O error?

Can we have it give us some kind of clue?

dmesg doesn't show any clues.

-vv --stats --progress doesn't help much.

I suppose I could strace/ktrace it, but is it local or remote?  I can't even
tell where to start.

rsync should give us a better error message.
--
Effing the ineffable since 1997. | http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
My emails do not usually have attachments; it's a digital signature