Hello,

We have our mac connected to a SAN via 10Gbe fiber network. Being thunderbolt
model macs with no PCI slots we are using external boxes (Sonnet, ATTO) to
interface between the thunderbolt and fiber connections.

When using rsync -avvPhi we get speeds of approx 110MB/s but with a simple
drag-and-drop we get speeds of approx 620MB/s. BIG difference. We get the same
speeds (roughly) whether we connect afp or smb.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do to make the rsync transfer faster?
These are local transfers with the SAN showing up as a shared drive on the
desktop.

Thanks!