Hi Gentlemen,

Want to report a bug. This happens on 5.8.5 version rsyslog on Solaris, however
I found this part of source code are not changed in v6 and v7.

If a message is generated by kern.info with tag starting with z , for example
the following message

Oct  4 09:34:59 h4-v210-01 zfs: [ID 249136 kern.info] imported version 0 pool
rpool using 29

the rsyslogd logic will think it is a compressed message and try to uncompress
the message. Because the message is uncompressed, it will fail and the message
below will be generated.

Oct  4 09:34:59 h4-v210-01 rsyslogd: Uncompression of a message failed with
return code -3 - enable debug logging if you need further information. Message
ignored.

Part of the code is found in Source code file:  runtime/parser.c

Regards,

Victor