Add:

$ModLoad impstats

to the top of your rsyslog.conf and restart.   Then look for lines like:

Nov  9 14:58:29 scribe1 [syslog.info<46>] rsyslogd-pstats:main Q: size=3771664
enqueued=2498832464 full=22295 maxqsize=8000000

every 5 minutes.   Subtract the smaller enqueued value from the larger, divide
by 300, and that's your rate per second.