is there a problem if the private package *replaces* an official one (as is the
case here)?

Sent from phone, thus brief.

David Lang <da...@lang.hm> hat geschrieben:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Todd Mortensen wrote:

> As far as I know there is no way to define a custom repo inside of
> another .deb package.  I suppose you could have it add the custom repo
> to the system during the install and have it then run apt-get install
> again.  But that seems a bit convoluted to just avoid uploading to
> launchpad.

Ok, I was under the impression that a ppa added a new repository, so I was
thinking that you could have the ppa process add the adiscon repository instead
of a launchpad repository. This is about what the instructions tell you to do
now, but the ppa mechanism is a few less steps (and has marketing type
advantages)

David Lang