> > Just a quick follow-up: I currently work with Rick on this issue. It
> looks like there are actually two issues in one:
> >
> > 1) in v5, it can happen that an action in front of an included get's
> reordered, and this seems to have happened here. This is actually the
> second time in many years that I see that. I won't fix that in v5, as
> it would probably lead to something like the v7 engine ;) Rick has
> moved to v7.
> >
> > 2) omudpspoof discards messages that are larger than the network-
> supported MTU. I am working to fragment them. Note that I know that
> some receivers have problems with fragmented UDP, but hey, what else
> shall we do? Messages over 64K can never be transmitted in a single UDP
> packet, and as such 7.2.5 will now truncate them to 64K. I will
> probably change v5 so that >1472 byte messages get truncated, but the
> message sent instead of being discarded.
> >
> > Will keep you posted when there is notable news (but maybe you just
> see a new release announcement if everything works out and no new
> problems pop up).
>
> I would suggest making the default spoof template do the truncation, so
> that
> someone who's system can handle larger messages can set it longer.

That's rather complicated, because the template system can limit fields but not
the overall string.

If the consensus is that this is a bad change, I'll revert the change and keep
the old behavior. I just thought I solve this hard-to-find-and-debug issue, but
I don't want to invest any real time in v5 (I don't even know if I ever will do
a new release...).

What do you say in the light of this?

Rainer